Please join us for a training session on Google Docs, Google Drive, and Slack
H&S and University IT are hosting a 90-minute training session on collaboration tools. If you would like to know more about how to use Google Docs and Google Drive for file sharing, and Slack for instant messaging, this event is for you!
Date: Friday, September 29
Time: 2:00-3:30 PM
Location: Building 120 | McClatchy Hall | Rooms 101 A&B
If interested, please RSVP! We are also collecting email addresses in the RSVP link to distribute presentation materials if you are unable to attend in person.
The standard Google Docs/Drive course includes the following topics which will be customized to be specific to Stanford:
- Introduction to Google Docs Files: Creating, uploading, and organizing folders, documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and forms.
- Formatting and Formulas: Learning basic and advanced tricks to format content within documents and analyze data using formulas within spreadsheets.
- Presentations and Forms: Building dynamic presentations and forms that can be shared from a local device or computer, published to the web, or embedded in a website.
- Document Collaboration: Learning how to share and collaborate on documents simultaneously with users within and outside of your organization.
- Google Drive Applications: Download, install, and use Google Drive applications to access, edit, and sync files across devices.
In addition, an overview of using SLACK at Stanford will include the following topics:
Logging in, downloading the desktop and mobile apps, and setting up your profile
Please forward this free training opportunity widely across H&S to staff and faculty.